Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Name.. My Pride...


Ok... was pretty frustrated... i mean... super frustrated....
i do LOVE my name... that's why i'm being very very frustrated... Lol...
It is just SO WEIRD...
in Malaysia, where of course it is an Asian country... people has no problem pronouncing my name correctly...
BUT in New Zealand!!!!!! Oh man.............. *frustrated*

Okok... i got to be fair.... it's not the kiwis... but rather the Asians-that-flooded-Auckland-and-made-Auckland -looked-like-an-Asian-city... *phew*

I do admit i have my fair share of creative nicknames since i was young...
ranging from
Lulu
Felikulu

黑裤走
Bak chi
Malaysia.. etc...
But at least... its not the pronunciation...

Here in NZ.. for some reason... my name is so "unique"... people keep mixing up my name...
My chinese colleagues in foodtown, even my supervisors... have difficulties in calling my name correctly...
i ended up being called...
fe ci lia
philissa
fei li sia
feh li see ya
lee sia
feh see...

arghhhh..........

so..........................................
as a clarification,

my name is FELICIA
and is pronounced as feh-LEE-shah.
It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "lucky, fortunate, happy"
It is the feminine form of Felix.

and once again....

i LOVE my name...

and i would be extremely happy if it is pronounced correctly...... hehehe....

Mmuackss~


2 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

hahaha~~
I get that very often too!
Some people call me Je-rrra-rrrd
Others Ja-raaa-d
Some others Ja-lot
And then some Jia-lat

sigh~~
Asians... gotta love them!
=D

Until next time!
Veli see ya!

Anonymous said...

i likey this post! lovely pics! ngeee~~